Come to Mario’s Tutto Bene on Chestnut Street Friday 3:00 – 6:00. Apps will be provided. For more information click here.
Click here to learn about YMCA employment opportunities.
So, we’re just a weekend away – hope everyone’s ready. By now you should have read Mr. Tatum’s welcome back letter. The district wide Superintendent’s meeting will start @ 8:30am. You may have heard 9:00am, but that has changed. All employees are welcome to attend. The UTEA will have a continental breakfast in the UHS café waiting to greet you: 7:30 – 8:30am. Please visit the UTEA table in the café.
A few other things to look forward to are:
September 9th is Union Township Day at the Somerset Patriots. Public employees are honored at this game. Kudos to Mary Ellen Patricco, our first honoree last year. Congratulations to Eric Shaw, our honoree this year. The game is at 7pm – take your family out to the ballgame and celebrate our town and our UTEA members.
The UTEA is a proud sponsor of the Mayor’s 5K run on September 24th. Why don’t you sign up to run, enter your children in the kids run or just come out and volunteer at the UTEA table at Union High School? Email me if you’re interested.
The annual Junior High Softball Rumble is October 7th. Come to Biertuempfel Park to see graduates from Kawameeh and Burnet battle it out on the softball field to raise money for the Township of Union Education Foundation.
And finally, the Back to School Social is in the works. Keep yourself informed: read your emails, check out njutea.com, go to UTEA meetings.
I wish you a very fun, satisfying and successful school year. Happy Labor Day!
Hello Summer Vacation!
Sounds like fun – yes? Yes, hopefully everyone had a successful year and is now preparing for an exciting destination. But if you’re like me, you’re also already thinking about ways to improve next year. Speaking of which:
- Are you aware that the Executive Committee, authorized by the UTEA Representative Council, held five focus groups to talk about the direction our Association should be heading next year?
- Did you reply to the UTEA Survey on how to improve our Association?
- Are you thinking about how you can help in this endeavor?
- Did you know besides the Representative Council, there are eight committees that you could join?
Your Executive Committee keeps working for you during the summer. We are meeting tomorrow, June 26, to analyze the survey, to talk about moving forward, and to increase awareness of our committees.
Perhaps you attended the annual Spring Fling and witnessed the awesome experience our Social and Philanthropic Committees created at Suburban Golf Course in Union.
We need your help; we want you to participate in our many activities. Talk to your head rep, grab a friend, join one of the UTEA committees. Here’s the contact information – please consider it : )
Mike Riley, Communications – firstname.lastname@example.org
Nancy Lucas-Miller, Government Relations – email@example.com
Maureen Dreher, Grievance – firstname.lastname@example.org
Jill Fischman, Membership – email@example.com
Danielle Stabler, Philanthropic – firstname.lastname@example.org
Meghan DeLuca, Public Relations/Pride – email@example.com
Kristin Nunes, Social – firstname.lastname@example.org
Hope to hear from you soon. Send me your thoughts and suggestions.
- NJEA praises Murphy, legislators on passage of Equal Pay ActGov. Phil Murphy today signed the Diane B. Allen Equal Pay Act. Enthusiastically supported by NJEA, the law amends New Jersey’s Law Against Discrimination by prohibiting an employer from paying a rate of compensation, including benefits, to employees of one sex less than the rate paid to employees of another sex. NJEA’s officers applauded the […] The post NJ […]